[THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. Thank you]
Position: Communications and Executive Assistant:
The Japanese Community Volunteers Association (Tonari Gumi) requires a Communications and Executive Assistant (CEA) who will work closely with the Executive Director and perform various key communications, administrative and organizational tasks. The candidate must be a native English speaker but some understanding of Japanese will be an advantage. This will start as a part-time position (2-3 days per week) but could evolve into a full-time position depending on the abilities of the candidate and arranging an appropriate work schedule.
· Degree, certificate or equivalent in work experience in business administration, communications or the administration of non-profit organizations.
· First-rate ability to communicate in written and spoken English; extensive experience in using and managing social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and YouTube; and the ability to manage webpages (Wix, Wordpress).
· Ability to manage time, prioritize workload, and work in a team based non-profit organization.
· Familiarity with Japanese language and Japanese Canadian culture is an asset.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Assisting the Executive Director with all incoming and outgoing English communications, and internal correspondence.
· Working with other staff in setting up and maintaining a filing system of important documents, such as reports, meeting notes, emails, and letters physically, and electronically.
· Drafting and editing of English correspondence and reports.
· Managing and developing the TG webpage and social media platforms.
· Data entry, updating, retrieval and maintenance of the donor contract system with member and donor information (training will be provided).
· Working with, training and coordinating volunteers in carrying out these duties as appropriate.
Remuneration and Application Deadlines:
§ Starting wage will be $22/hour but will be adjusted commensurate with performance.
§ Position will be open for applications starting from April 1, 2023, and will remain open until an appropriate candidate is chosen.
CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org (Posted on March 28, 2023)