Tonari Gumi Seeking an Executive Director
The Japanese Community Volunteers Association (Tonari Gumi) is seeking applications for a dynamic individual who can lead a dedicated team of full-time and part-time workers and volunteers to achieve Tonari Gumi’s vision and mission. This is a full-time position. Eligible candidates will be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, fluent in written and spoken English, able to drive with a valid driver’s license, knowledge of the Japanese Canadian community (Japanese language ability a definite asset), experience in leading or supervising others, first-hand knowledge and understanding of how to work with seniors, and experience in working with or in a charitable organization. A detailed job description is provided below.
The position is in Vancouver and the deadline for applications is by 5:00 pm on Friday, July 31, 2020. Employment may begin as early as August 10, 2020. Interested applicants should submit a covering letter describing how they meet the requirements described above and a copy of their CV via email to email@example.com by the Friday, July 31, 2020 deadline.
- Strategic Planning
- Together with the Board of Directors (BoD) develop and deliver a strategic plan for Tonari Gumi (TG)
- Work with the BoD to decide on and deliver operational requirements
- Report to the BoD on operations, financials, and human resource matters
- Financial Management
- Manage and oversee TG’s fiscal requirements, such as the Annual Budget, Fundraising strategy, and day to day operational costs.
- Ensure that financial documents for the annual audit and other documentation necessary to maintain TG’s status as a charity are filed appropriately
- Community Relations
- Maintain and build positive relationships with the Nikkei Community, funding partners and key community members and organizations
- Develop positive and harmonious relations with TG seniors and volunteers
- Represent TG within the community and among the general public
- Responsible for the overall management and support of TG’s staff
- Develop and implement Human Resource policies, procedures, and processes to support and develop employees and comply with employment requirements
- Promote and facilitate a team approach where staff members feel a combined responsibility for achieving TG’s mission and vision.
Date: July 17, 2020
This post is also available in: English (英語)