Following on from the success of last year’s Joint Golf Tournament, Tonari Gumi and the Greater Vancouver JCCA are joining up again at Meadow Gardens to host another quality golf tournament on Sunday, June 14, 2015.
- Place: Meadow Gardens Golf Course in Pitt Meadows
- Day and Date: Sunday, June 14, 2015
- Time: 11:30 am Start (please confirm time prior to tournament day)
- Registration Deadline: Monday, June 8, 2015
- Registration Fee: $165.00 per person, $660.00 per foursome, $45 per guest for banquet only
- Registration includes: green fees, buffet banquet dinner, amazing prizes! Golf cart is not included, but can be reserved & paid separately to Meadow Gardens.
- In addition, this year for the first time, the Investors Group will sponsor a $5,000 hole-in-one prize and will enter all golfers from this tournament into their national draw for a free trip for two to the final day of the Masters in Augusta. This is an exciting prospect and we’re told that the chances of being able to go to the Masters through this draw will be better than trying to purchase a ticket directly to the Masters.
- Flights will be determined by the number of entries and the golfers’ BCGA factors. There will be a Callaway Flight for golfers without a BCGA factor. Gross and net prizes will be awarded for all handicapped flights and net prizes for the Callaway Flight. For more details, please check with Committee members.
For Registration Forms and/or to pay on-line, just click HERE.
The Course: Renowned Golf Course Architect Mr. Les Furber has created one of the most beautiful and challenging golf courses in Canada at Meadow Gardens. Each hole has its own charm and challenges, making club selection crucial. Arguably the best greens in the Lower Mainland coupled with outstanding service, Meadow Gardens is on every “must play” list. For more information on Meadow Gardens, check out their website by clicking HERE.
The Cause: This year’s tournament will be in support of the Tonari Gumi & JCCA “Making It A Home Fund” which has a goal of raising $250,000 to complete the funding of Tonari Gumi’s new seniors’ drop-in and community outreach centre at 42 W8th Ave. in Vancouver. All of the main renovations to the Tonari Gumi centre have been completed and programs and services for the community have re-started, but more funds are necessary to ensure that the furnishings and facilities are in place to truly “make it a home” for our seniors and to cover the costs of the upgrades necessary to ensure the new centre is safe and accessible for everyone. To see a short video on the kinds of things that Tonari Gumi is doing within the community, please go to THIS LINK.
Sponsorships: Help create a stronger, vibrant and more caring Japanese Canadian community by becoming a sponsor. All sponsors’ contributions are eligible for a charitable tax donation receipt issued by Tonari Gumi. Please complete a sponsorship form in order to receive a tax receipt. To get a sponsorship form and/or to pay on-line please click on THIS LINK.