In addition to the many new programs and workshops included in our new 2014 April – June Program Guide, three additional programs have been added and are introduced as follows:
- Magic Program (Evening Program): amaze your friends and relatives at parties or other events, using everyday materials to create “magic”.
- 3 one hour classes on Thursday evenings (April 3, 10 and 17) from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Taught in Japanese by Joji Yamashita, a member of the International Brotherhood of Magician Ring 92. To check his website, click here.
- This program is for magic beginners and is for ages 19 to 99.
- Program fees are $35 for the three sessions (materials included)
- Decorative Sushi (Day Program): create a flower in the middle of your rolled sushi, or include a picture or Japanese character. Once you cut the sushi roll, this same image will be available to each person you serve. A unique decorative item for your dinner table.
- A single one and a half hour workshop to be held on Wednesday, April 23rd from 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm.
- Taught in Japanese by Ayako Ooi, a certified sushi instructor.
- This class is intended for those new to artistic sushi of all ages.
- Program fee is $4.00 (additional $5-$10 required for ingredients).
- Food Art Therapy for Hope, Happiness & Healing (Evening Program): food art therapy is the new healing art therapy which uses food to create unique art works. During the session, participants will relieve stress, release emotion and restore positive energy in a supportive environment.
- A single one and a half hour workshop to be held on Monday, April 28 from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
- Taught in English by Grace Kwon, a certified food art therapy counselor.
- Program fee is $55 (including all ingredients).
To register for these classes, please contact Tonari Gumi at (604) 687-2172 or e-mail to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
For a link to our many other Tonari Gumi programs, please click here.